Chain touching mud guard.?? ..help

Alle Fragen, die rund um die Quickly auftauchen, gehören hier hinein,
Antworten
mailmarcel
Neu

Chain touching mud guard.?? ..help

Beitrag von mailmarcel »

Hi all, Currently early stage of restoration project on my fathers Quickly S.
Have refitted several parts after having the frame painted and have found the chain touches the rear mudguard as indicated in images. Even with the small adjustment possible on the rear axle I am unable to clear the guard. Doesn't look like there is much movement in the engine position either.
Since I stripped the moped myself a long time ago I can't recall the fitted position originally.
Would welcome any info on this where have I gone wrong?!? :roll: :roll:

Thanks in advance :D :D :D
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Quickly-Hatschi
Quickly-Freak

Re: Chain touching mud guard.?? ..help

Beitrag von Quickly-Hatschi »

Hallo mailmarcel.
So wie ich das auf deinen Bildern erkennen kann würde ich sagen , dass deine Kette definitiv etwas zu kurz ist . An der Bremsscheibe deiner Hinterradnabe ist ein Bolzen angebracht , der muss in die Bohrung am Rahmen eingehängt werden . Die Kettenspanner sind jetzt schon fast am Ende der Einstellung .Dadurch dass die Kette zu kurz ist , kannst du das Hinterrad auch nicht mehr nach hinten stellen .Die Hinterradnabe ist auch nicht genau in der Mitte der Felgen , sondern etwas versetzt , damit die Kette nicht am Schutzblech streift .Die Position des Motors bleibt dabei unverändert.

LG. Hartwig
Vau2
Quickly-Freak

Beitrag von Vau2 »

Translation in English with Linguee and Deepl:
Hello mailmarcel.
As I can see from your pictures I would say that your chain is definitely a little bit too short. On the brake disc of your rear hub is a bolt attached , which must be hooked into the hole on the frame . The chain tensioners are now already almost at the end of the setting . Because the chain is too short , you can no longer put the rear wheel to the rear . The rear hub is also not exactly in the middle of the rims , but slightly offset , so that the chain does not touch the mudguard . The position of the engine remains unchanged.

Lg, Hartwig
mailmarcel
Neu

Beitrag von mailmarcel »

Hello,thanks for your response and insight :D
I will look at this issue in closer detail and see how we go
Antworten